Spelt Bread Veggie Sandwich & Sweet Potatoes Recipe
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Spelt Sandwich Bread
- 1 Roma Tomato
- 3 Slices of red onion
- 1 Avocado
- Romaine Lettuce
- One small Sweet Potatoe
- Salt, pepper, smoked paprika
- 1 lime
- Pico De Gallo
- Grapeseed Oil
HOW TO PREPARE
- Skin your potato and cut it into medium to small cubes. Add a teaspoon of grapeseed oil to a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt. Then add your potatoes and toss. Ensure they are all coated. Drop them in your air fryer for 15 minutes. Check on them at the halfway mark to ensure they don’t burn. When you can stick a fork through easily, they are ready. You can use your oven as well. Add your potatoes to a baking sheet. Set oven to 375F for 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- In a medium-sized pan add a teaspoon of grapeseed oil and lightly toast your bread.
- Prepare your avocado spread (guacamole) by taking half your avocado and adding it to a small bowl. Squeeze half your lime or as much as you like over your avocado, and add two tablespoons of pico de gallo, a teaspoon of smoked paprika, and a few pinches of salt. Mix until the avocado is smooth. Add more seasoning to taste if needed. Set to the side.
- Slice your Roma tomato so that you have four thick slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides. Set to the side.
- Cut your onions in the form that you prefer small slices or “o” shaped. Set to the side.
- Take the remaining avocado and slice thinly inside the skin.
- Take your guacamole and spread it on both pieces of toasted spelt bread. Dress your sandwich with your prepped veggies.
- Add your potatoes to the plate and enjoy. If you have extra guacamole, mix it with your potatoes for more flavor and fun. Enjoy!