Cinnamon Quinoa Bowl Snack/Breakfast Recipe
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 cup of milk of choice (nondairy)
- 1 cup of distilled water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- Toppings Berries – fresh or dried, Chopped apples or pears and bananas
- Nut butter, Chopped nuts, chia or flax seeds
- Raw honey or pure maple syrup
HOW TO PREPARE
- Cooking Instructions: In a medium-sized pot, bring the milk and water to a simmer.
- Stir in quinoa and return to simmer. Add remaining ingredients (spices, vanilla, salt) and stir.
- Continue to simmer for 20 minutes or until the quinoa is the consistency that you prefer. Keep in mind that the quinoa will thicken when it cools. Once it cools, drizzle a little maple syrup or raw honey along with your toppings of choice.
- This dish can be eaten without topping and in place of oatmeal. If it is too thin add a tsp. of spelt flour to thicken. If too thick add more milk.